I had received many requests for my 2013 album "Bishop & Clerk" to be pressed to vinyl.
I liked the idea, however the idea of having 100 copies of something so niche pressed offered a challenge to the entire idea. I realized that lathed records would be a better fit, as each is handmade (each sounding a bit different as they are done one at a time) but also aesthetically and aurally fit the project better. I decided to have them made on a vintage 1940's lathe, fitting the original concept of the album as much of it was made on old analog equipment in monophonic. This is a strict edition of 5 copies. Each jacket is lovingly hand made, each with its own unique cyanotype cover. Cyanotype is a type of photographic process which does not use a camera. By placing objects on the light sensitive paper, exposing, and processing you create an image, bathed in the deepest blues imaginable. A negative image is created of the objects. Each cover was made with materials previously chosen for the project and each was made as an improvisation of the materials, light and time available. Objects would be moved as it was exposed, creating shells and ghosts of each object. Bishop & Clerk always was supposed to be an album that sounded like a far off shortwave signal or old musty tape found in a decommissioned bunker. This is my ultimate realization of this concept, spending many weeks and months getting this right. Every penny of the proceeds will go to Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, International Anti-Poaching Foundation, and ShadowView Foundation: three charities that work tirelessly on African Rhino (and other endangered animals) conservation. Rhinos are very dear to my heart. Their current slaughter and near extinction keeps me up at night. The more you are able to pay for this copy, the more it will help the cause. Your money goes towards fighting for them.
Each copy is quadruple signed and editioned.
So, a recap of what you receive...
• Custom 10" Lathed Record (Mono), Handmade by Tyler Bisson of Audio Geography.
• Custom, Handmade Cardstock Jacket, Bound cover in one of a kind Cyanotype artwork.
• Limited Edition Mono CD-R Recording of Vinyl Master, First recorded to tape, then to 24bit DAC
• Typewritten Tracklisting on Vintage Air Mail Envelope.
• 8" Full Colour Booklet.
• Limited Stock 10" Assembler/Responder Cover Photograph. (Copies #1 & #2 are from "Bishop & Clerk", #3,4,5 are from "Areas")
• Bandcamp copy of album in Stereo in whatever digital format you desire.
• Any other goodies I see between me picking up the vinyl and packaging it.
• Donating to a Rhino Charity. The best part of the whole deal...
If a specific number is requested and available, it will be chosen as such.
The whole process has been very time consuming but very rewarding. This is how "Bishop & Clerk" was always meant to be purchased as. I hope you enjoy it. Save the Rhinos. xo
Includes unlimited streaming of Bishop & Clerk
via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.